Welcome!

I'm so glad you stopped by. Whatcha see is whatcha get. I value your comments! Together we can be great.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Is God Calling...or Am I Just Crazy?

Ever have a completely
HAIRBRAINED
idea and wonder if
you're losing your marbles
or
if God is calling you to
do something odd?

I HAVE

Then I start wondering:
If I did it, would it not end up
being odd at all?

I really hate when people do weird
stuff and say God called them to do it.

But here I sit wondering if I'm
about to be one of them!

What is this hairbrained idea, you ask?

Well, it's like this...
This crazy idea keeps surfacing.
It keeps coming up.
I keep wanting to research it.
I keep wondering if I could do it...
If I SHOULD do it...

GO ON A MILK AND JUICE FAST

I'm not sure if that's what I would call it.
Milk and juice FAST
makes it sound like I am going
to abstain from milk and juice.
What I'm considering is
ONLY consuming milk and juice

UNTIL CHRISTMAS.

Before you go weird on me,
I want you to know I've already
gone weird
on myself!

One reason I am wondering if God
wants me to do this is because, well,
I kinda LIKE FOOD.
I have NO SELF CONTROL.
and
I can't imagine being able to
actually do it - NOT EAT
for almost a month.

THERE IS NO WAY.

I've looked into it a little bit.
There is a diet out there called
the Milk Diet
where people literally only drink milk.
But they drink raw milk, which is
not practical for me, so I would
need to drink O.J. to compensate.

The other important part about the
"diet" is that I am supposed to rest
as much as possible while on it;
as if recovering from illness.

This piqued my curiosity.
This is the point where my engines
started working overtime and the idea
started getting obsessive.

WHAT A MARVELOUS IDEA!

What better way to prepare my heart
for Christmas!?
REST and reflection
on the past year.
REST and single-minded focus
on the year to come.

I've often admired various
religions for their emphasis
on
NO DISTRACTIONS.

The Amish
and
Tibetan Monks
for example.

Without having to wonder what I'm
going to be eating every moment of the day
I will free up that part of my brain
to focus on God
and the birth of his only son.

By AGGRESSIVELY resting, I am
taking care of and listening to
my body,
which (in theory) should help me
to differentiate between my own
HAIRBRAINED
ideas...

and God's.

I think I may have just
talked myself into this
CRAZY JOURNEY.

I'll start December 1,
and I'll end with Christmas Eve dinner
(because no way am I missing
potato dumplings!)

Maybe I'll blog about it.
Maybe I won't.

So what do you think?
Hairbrained?
Or God?

What would YOU do?
Just Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment