Welcome!

I'm so glad you stopped by. Whatcha see is whatcha get. I value your comments! Together we can be great.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Book Review: Three Cups by Mark St. Germain

     


I got the e-book version of Three Cups directly from the publisher at Booksneeze.com. I did like the illustrations even on the e-book version, however, I was a little bit disappointed by the simplicity of the book. I'm not sure if it's because I already am aware of the idea of breaking your finances up into three cups, or if I wanted a little more "story" along with the instructions. 

I have actually tried the concept in the past with my children and had little luck. Every single one of them ended up "playing" with the cups -- dumping the money out and stacking it up...and I found it very hard to pay the children with the three cup method. For example, you cannot give a child a $5 bill, or a $1 bill... you have to give him a sum that is able to be broken up according to your spending habits. 

So maybe my experiences colored my view of the book in a negative light. It is beautifully illustrated but overly simplistic. I'd like to see somewhere in the back some information on how to make this work in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment