Welcome!

I'm so glad you stopped by. Whatcha see is whatcha get. I value your comments! Together we can be great.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Conversations With a Five Year Old

DD:  Mom, does God ever make mistakes?
ME: Nope.  God never makes mistakes.  That's what makes him God.
DD: Does Jesus ever make mistakes?
ME: No. And you want to know what's extra-cool about that? He was HUMAN for 33 years...and he STILL never made a mistake! That's what makes him SO worthy of our praise.
DD: (eyes huge) Wow!  I wish I could be like Jesus.
ME: Me too, Dolly.  But I think if we TRY to be like Jesus, even though we will fail miserably, we'll probably turn out to be pretty decent people, don't you think?
DD: Yeah.  But what if we make mistakes while we're trying to be like Jesus?
ME:  That's what grace and forgiveness are for.  God will forgive us...even though we don't deserve it.
DD:  God is really awesome!
ME: He really is.
DD:  Did you put half and half in here? (looking at her hot cocoa)

And just as quickly as the deep, poignant conversation started, it was OVER!  But, WOW.  Where did I learn to say stuff like that? It almost sounded like a Hallmark movie. If you had told me ten years ago that I would be having a discussion like that with my daughter, I wouldn't have believed it.  I probably wouldn't have even believed I would HAVE a daughter, much less be having such a thoughtful, important conversation about the God of the universe with her.  That is the power of the Spirit.  He works constantly, but I don't notice a lot of the time.  Then I get little glimpses of the importance of my role as mother to my children...and am blown away.  I don't want to waste a moment of our time together!

Just Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment